lessons from my mother

I am that person that people will refer to as very lucky. If asked i would answer "hapana, i'm not lucky, i'm just really blessed!

One of the things that I'm blessed with is a great mother. Her visit has turned my brain on reverse and reminded me of all those great lessons that she taught me.
Little lessons that every girl should know.

This is a girl to girl talk.


Being the only girl in a family of four and raised in a community where boys are considered more valuable than girls, my mother made sure i knew my value as a girl. She reminded me constantly that all those big and 'over this world' men were once upon a time in woman's womb. They wouldn't even exist were it not for a woman. A woman born them, changed their diapers, taught them to use the loo, to eat, stand, walk, talk. Without the woman the world wouldn't be. "So, no matter what the men think of you, know that you are just as important as they are." My mother would tell me.

I guess it can almost be considered a general mentality to assume that women can not do what men can. At least at past times. My mother moreover reminded me that men too only do have one head, two hands, two legs,  two eyes...etc, just like me. "If they can be doctors why can't you? If they can be judges, why can't you "? My mother would ask me. She taught me to pursue anything that i wanted, because I'm capable.


If you ask many girls what their Future husband should be like; you will most likely get an answer like this: "i want my husband have a great job and to be financially stable..."
"Nonsense, " my mother would say. "Be the one to have that great job and be financially stable." She would add. "Have your own money. Do not rely on men, no matter who you marry; may it be the prince of England... make sure you have your own." She would conclude.



Thanks for reading and have a great evening!

Lots of luv
ItsRose_Beth



Comments

  1. Oh honey! Very touching post. Now I miss my mama too.
    Cheers,
    T.
    https://tbymallano.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine how much you miss her Dear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment