Mum's wise saying...



"God helps only those who help themselves."
This was my mother´s reply whenever we told her that God will see us through. As Christians we are always eager to push everything to God inquest for help in arduous situations. " God will help me pass the exams" you will hear students say. "He will grant me a new job" a young lady will tell her peers. "God will give me a wife" a bachelor will think to himself.

"How will God help you pass your exams if you don't learn, read and prepare for it?" My mother would ask me. "God can only give you the understanding of what you learn and help you remember when the exam comes. You will have to do the preparation on your own." She would continue.  

This reminds me of a joke a friend of mine told us once. 

"There was once a young man, a Christian believer in deed. He wasn't lucky enough to have lots of wealth. He however really wanted to be rich. He wanted to do so by winning the lottery.
He would pray everyday to the almighty God, to help him win the lottery.  We would pray hard. "I believe in you God, i believe that you can make this happen. I beg you on my kneed Lord that i may win the lottery!" The man would pray. He prayed for years.
And God talking to his angles asked; "I would really like to help this guy win the lottery. But can he at least buy a lottery ticket, at least once?"

God helps only those who help themselves! 

How will God give the lady that Job if she doesn't even write any application? How will He give the bachelor a wife if the man never goes out to meet people? He just sits at his computer and plays video games and prays that God will give him a wife. How?

This is what my mother meant when she said that God helps only those who help themselves!


It's a brand new week! Enjoy it!!!

Lots of luv
ItsRose_Beth



Comments