Goals

Photo:www.beinsports.com


Oh yeah! Tomorrow is the starting of the UEFA European-Championship in France and we are all psyched, excited and looking forward to seeing as many goals as possible roll into the goal-nets.

But no, those are not the goals i want to write about today. (Pfeu...thank God! Because i´m awful in football!)

But instead i want to talk about the other kind of goals. You know those sentences that we always utter to ourselves or to others with or without any meaning behind them?

"I want to get my drivers license." "I want to finish my thesis." "I want to write a post everyday." "I want to own a house in 5 years." "I want to travel more." "I want to get an A+ in that exam."
"I want to read the bible more often." I want to loose weight, i want to ....." The list is infinite!


Remember the last wish you had? Probably not, because you didn't really think much about it. You just said it because its something that you wish for, as though there is a wish-fairy somewhere listening  and will grant your wishes just like that. (Wouldn't that be great though ;-)).

Unfortunately there is no such fairy, and the only one to grant you your wishes is you.

I have watched and studied successful people and the one thing they have in common is that the set goals.

Jim Rohn once said that: "to achieve more that you have, you have to become more than you are."

So, how do we set goals?

1. First of all we need to be fully aware of our present status. What we have and where we stand now.
Own a certain degree, have certain job experiences, weigh this much, earn this amount...etc.

2. Then we need to know what we want. 
 Look better, earn more, eat healthier, get a certain Job, finish a certain course?

3. We subsequently need to set a time limit
Get a drivers license by the end of the year, loose 3 kilos in 4 weeks...etc

4. Then we need to write it down. Write on that something that you always take with you. Your phone, your tablet, your time planer, diary....name it. Don´t forget to write the date.
Believe me you, if we had written down our last wish, we wouldn't have forgotten it. 

Remember to think big, dream big!

My mother always told me to aim to the sun, because if i miss the sun i will land on the moon, but if i aim to the moon and i miss it, i will land back on the ground. 

Note, i don't mean that you set unrealistic goals. I just mean that you set big realistic goals.


I also have a written list of goals i have set for myself.

But how do we achieve these goals? Lets talk about that next time.

Till then, have a wonderful evening. Stay blessed and set yourselves a few goals and write them down.

In the same spirit,  lets keep fingers crossed for France and Romania tomorrow so that they can make many goals :-)!!!

Lots of luv
ItsRose_Beth






Comments