storytime#5 The most horrifying day of my life!



Porto by night                             Photo by Tobi.P
It was a morning like any other. The hot Kenyan sun was already burning our foreheads from up high in the sky. My morning routine was as usual. I took a shower, cleaned the bathroom, dressed up, had my breakfast and put my German books together. I wove my aunt (who was outside hanging my cousin´s napkins (Stoffwindeln)) goodbye and i left for Goethe Institute, like i did every morning. It would have been a very normal day,  only it was not and instead ended up being the most weird day of my life.

I hurriedly walked past the Kiosks  to the main street to catch my matatu (öffentlicher Verkehr Minibus) and hoped to catch one with a free seat this time. Standing from Thika to Nairobi had become a nuisance. And on top of that, i wanted to go through my yesterday's homework before handing it over to Frau Bibi.

On my way i was stopped by some lady. Classy, middle age, serious looking lady. She asked me the way to the nearby church, after which she told me a little about her charity work. In the mean while a man joined us. They apparently belonged together.

I can't explain how or why but they started asking me really personal questions to which i surprisingly answered quite honestly.

"Unatoka wapi?" They wanted to know.
"I come from Meru, but I'm staying here at my aunt while i attend my German classes in Nairobi" i answered.

"Huyu Auntie yako anaishi wapi?" they continued asking.

I didn't want to say a thing,  i just wanted to leave and take my Matatu to school. But i couldn't move. It was like i had suddenly grown deep roots into the ground.

I kept on answering every question they asked me.
What was wrong with me? This was madness, i was convinced. 

"She doesn't live far from here." I told them while pointing to the direction where my aunt lived.

I could hear every word that came out of my mouth. A voice in my head was demanding me to shut up, in vain. I kept on talking and talking like a waterfall.

"God has great plans for you. God has shown me. He will bless you and your aunt abundantly. He is just waiting for your signal." They told me.

"Do you know where your aunt keeps her money? " the lady asked me.

"Yes, i do." I told them

Shut the hell up Rose and go away.... i told myself repeatedly.  But what a waste of time. I was certainly not in control of my body anymore.

" We want you to go and take all the money that your auntie has in the house. Make sure you don't leave even a coin. We will take it to Pastor Xy (a famous pastor in Kenya back in the days) to be blessed, and in the evening we will bring it back to you."

Like a robot i went back home. I made each step after the other against my will.


(This post was getting way too long, so i split it into two parts. Catch up the remaining details in part 2...)

Thanks for reading.

Lots of luv
ItsRose




Comments