Listen!!!


Nürnberg                 Photo by Tobi.P

Everyone has that kind of friend in their circle of friends who can speak non-stop.

Do you know what i mean?

When they start talking its almost impossible to shut them up. It will be a story after the other. Your story will some how end up being their story, your experience their experience. Even when they ask questions, they don´t really wait for an answer.

Now you know the kind of people i´m talking about.

Well, i´m that kind of person.

On Friday during our weekly meeting with my boss, i talked and talked like a water-fall for good 20 minutes. If you ask my collegues, they will say with a little irritation in their voices that it was an hour. Well, their irritation brings about the exagerration. But never the less, this made me take a closer look at my communication skills.

If you ask my mother; she will tell you that i was born talking. she could never get to shut me up. As long as i can remember i  was always the talkative one. (You have no idea how much beating i got in school for being on the noise maker list :-))!


Dalai Lama once said "If you talk, you are only repeating that which you know, but if you listen, you may learn something new".

I can not agree more.

While dicussing my project with two of my collueges later that afternoon, i managed (somehow) to shut up and listen just for a while. To my suprise, i learnt more about the project in that short while than i had learnt the whole week.

Listening can be life changing. It can give solutions to problems we´ve been fighting with for a long period of time. Listening can save our carrier and even shape our future. Believe me you, listening can even save life.

The wise German says:

"Reden ist Silver, Schweigen ist Gold! "


As from now on, i´m trying to listen more and talk less.

(Instead of talking so much in real life, i will just write by blogposts and talk on youtube ;-))

I wish you all a great and an incredibly blessed week with an open ear!

Thanx for reading.

Lots of luv,
ItsRose_Beth





Comments