Merry christmas to you!


Christmas is the time that we spend with family. Relatives travel across Bundesländer, across provinces, across countries or even continents to spend this time with their loved ones. We sometimes don´t even like our relatives; we can not stand the way the uncle ask "when will you be finally done with your PhD..., hope you are done before retiring"...he jokes.  We hate the way our grandma grabs our cheek as though we are still two, the way auntie Maggie targets our love life...."You are no longer a young chicken" she adds. But during this magical time of the year, we all come together anyway...because its Christmas. 
For most us in the diaspora, its a little bit complicated. We have no extended families to surround us, no brothers and sisters to get into our nerves and no grandmothers to grab our cheeks.


But if you are as blessed as I am, as lucky as I am, you might find yourself surrounded by family far away from home.  Amazing people that you love like your own blood. They are those that will immediately give you a call to ask about your daughter if there is some terror going on in Berlin. They are those who will take a day off to bring you to the doctor, those who will knock on your door if they haven't seen you for a while. They welcome you to their homes for days and nights and invite you to their tables for delicious fiests without making you feel bad about it. Yes, besides my wonderful family in Kenya, I'm surrounded by a huge extended family in Germany. I´m grateful to God to each and everyone of them.

Since June this year I have extended my family. I have built connections with people all over the world. I just want to take the opportunity and thank you all for your support. For every Moment that you decided to click on my post. Either written or on YouTube. Even the ones carrying the most weird titles. I value each and everyone of you. I´m always overjoyed by every click, every viewer, every subscriber and every comment.

I wish you all a merry Christmas, and a happy new year! And above all I wish you all Gods blessings, a peaceful mind, a kind heart and a content soul.

Lots of luv,
ItsRose_Beth


Comments