A NEW BEGINNING!

My pastor once said: routine molds behavior and behavior shapes character.

Sorry for the long silence especially when it comes to video posts. Of late I'm just not in the talking mood. Making videos requires a lot of vibrancy, cheer and good mood, especially videos based on positivity and optimism. Honestly speaking I don´t feel any of that at the moment.

I rather feel drained out. Empty. A wreck. LOST.

I´m not sure what exactly to do.

After years of the same routine, years of knowing exactly what to do and when I now feel a little displaced.

My Friday evenings were scheduled to cook something delicious for someone special. I would discuss with my colleagues and even get some new recipes for Friday night dinners. My favorites would be "Grünkohl" with "Mettenden" or some lamb backed in the oven served with Rosemary potatoes and green salad.

My Friday nights were there to share the highlights and lowlights of the week plus lots of movies and stupid series. My Saturdays were there for traveling. Taking countless short day trips and learning the world around me and of course grocery shopping, because, after all, I live I Germany and Sundays are holy here. In other words, when it comes to shopping, Germany is a dead place on Sundays. I knew when exactly Sunday service started in my lovely church. Everything was just the way I wanted it to be!

But what happens when that routine is disrupted?


When the routine is disrupted, then the whole character is altered. After all, routine molds behavior and behavior shapes character.


I have a new home, a new job, new citizenship ownership, and new relationship status.

Its a confusing period of time.

But hey! Writing this post is a step forward for me. It's a new beginning. A start of a new routine. Maybe a better routine, who knows....?

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I´ll keep you posted.


Lots of love
itsRose_ Beth

Comments