TO HELL WITH THE ROUTINE!

Remember yesterday when I was all about finding a new routine?

Well, forget about all that nonsense!


Today I say...to hell with the routine!

I´ve been staying in a small but cute Ferien Wohnung located at the south of Munich for the last weeks. It's a small village surrounded by forests and lakes which reminds me of scenes from Riverdale. Any of you watched that series?
I love it here! I´m lucky to stay here and experience this winter fairy landscape.

As I woke up today at 6 a.m as always, I decided not to visit the same church I visited last week.
I intentionally decided not to rebuild a routine.

"I will visit the church in Starnberg today!" I told myself firmly. It will cost me 15 minutes more, but I was awake at 6 a.m anyway and service starts at 9:30. So time was not an issue.

This decision felt good. No, it felt GREAT!

It was a decision that woke my senses up. I started seeing today as today and not as a day like any other. I all of a sudden grasped the value and the preciousness today has to offer. I was consumed by the gratitude of living today.

I kinda felt ashamed of myself for even ever having a routine and even wanting to start a brand new one.

"What for"?  I asked myself.

Every day is special. I shouldn´t want to live today like I did any other day. It's a new day full of new opportunities and greatness.

So, yes! I drunk my cocoa while I dressed up in my Sunday best, laid my wig and put on my favorite lipstick and my black over-knee boots. I left an hour before church and drove slowly, enjoying the magnificent winter landscapes (which I couldn´t photograph, coz you know...am a horrible driver and I can´t afford to drive one-handed).

What a privilege it is that I live today. Why have a routine for the day I´m not even sure I will see?

I decided to take every day as it comes. And if possible try and do everything different than I did yesterday-better than yesterday.

Let's see how that works. I´ll definitely keep you posted.

Lots of love,
itsRosebeth

If it rains I take the umbrella and if it snows I take the ski.








Comments