CAR TROUBLE!

Where are those genius drivers among us?


I mean those among us who shout insults toward the elderly Frau Schmidt just because she is driving 80km/h on the Autobahn. Those of us who feel the urge to show the middle finger to the young and delicate Laura who just got her licence last week just because her motor crashed while she tried starting it at the up-hill junction near the arcaden. I mean those of us who throw rude words towards other random drivers just because they feel like.

Well sir, madam, we can not all be geniuses!

I´m new in the world of driving. I possess way too much respect for the automobile. I spent over a year in driving school and spent thousands of Euros before i got my driver´s license. I don´t know how many of you had trouble getting their driver´s license, but it was not a "Zucker Schleckerei" for me.  And during this time i have come to learn that most drivers have neither patience no understanding for anything sub-optimal.

I have been a daily driver for the last one month now. It was a MONTH filled with so much car trouble, enough for a life time. I mean anything which can go wrong, went WRONG!

On the day that i was presented with my handsome Seat Leon, brand new in shining grey, i was as happy as a king. For the first time i understood the weird relationships that men have with their cars. Sitting on that leather driver´s seat let my heart skip a beat. It was a overwhelming feeling. Frau Greeg handed me the keys and it was time to drive home. Well, were it not for the unparking part.


"Who came with the idea of parking this car here!? What were they thinking? Is this a test?" I was asking my self in desperation.

I was standing between a tree, a black Mercedes CLA and behind me a white VW. I was trapped. In despair, i tried driving backwards, forward...etc, until i gave up, As tears were about to run down my cheeks, the owner of the white VW came and drove his car away. Pfeeeuuu! I was so  happy i could have ran out and given the stranger a hug. Now i could go home and enjoy my new car!

A few days later, my tank was empty and it was time to visit the gas station. Do you know those Facebook videos of mostly women who have trouble at the gas station...well this could have made to the top list. First of all i stopped on the right, and of coz the tanking pad is on the left, KLASSIK! So, out and a second try. This time perfect position! But how do i open the stupid lid? In most cars, there is a button at the drivers side to open the door. So i searched and searched...nothing! PEINLICH!
I had to search in the manual….Cars behind me were starting to get impatient. But there it was! I just needed to tap the left side of the little door!

With a full tank i decided to drive by EDEKA and do some grocery shopping. While I was leaving the parking lot,  this tall, cute and handsome guy knocks at my window.
I´m thinking "Wow!" "It must be the full tank :-)!"

"Lassen Sie Ihre Reifen kontrollieren schöne Frau!" he said.
"Danke, mache ich." I replied a little verlegen. I mean the hunkie just called me "schön".

I drove by the gas station again and had a look at the tires and in deed my front left tire was flat.
"Was zum Teufel!" i was thinking.
Mr. google was thanks be to God really helpful. I pumped my tires and felt like from now on, i could do anything!

While driving to pick up my Vickie this weekend, the weather was really wet. You know….dirty wet!
As a driver we rely on the clear view. So the importance of a clean front windscreen. And now imagine my reaction, when i wanted to clean the windscreen, a few drops come out, smear the whole front and there pops the message…"WISCHWASSER AUFFÜLLEN!"

"What!? Nein! Nein! Nein!!!!" i say to myself.

I had just gotten on the Autobahn. I try getting a few drops from the tube, but nothing! The more I try the dirtier the screen gets.

As soon as i start to say "Oh dear God…" it starts to rain. I could not believe it! Just like that.

I get my clear windscreen back and i drive by the next Tanke and buy the Wischwasser.

This was all in just one Month! I can not wait to see what the future has in store for me.

It´s gonna be an exciting time!

As for now...I will just enjoy the snow with my Vickie.

I will definitely keep you posten. Till next time.

Lots of love,
itsRosebeth












Comments