Love


Photo by ItsRose_Beth
K. and R. sat on her bed in her 15m2 student apartment as K suddenly looked straight into her eyes and asked her:

"Do you really love me?"

"Of coz! What a question." She answered with a firm voice as though defending herself

"But how do you know that you love me?" He continued asking

This one took R. by surprise, because she actually never really gave it any thought.

What is love?

How does one know that they love someone?

How can we measure love?

After a moment of silence, she answered in a passive defencive manner, you know, like women always do.

"How can you ask me such a question honey? Don´t you that by now? And why are you asking this? Don´t you love me anymore?"

"Would you give your life for me?" He wasn´t about to give up

"What?" she asked jumping on her feet

"When i was young..." K started to narrate "I was 13 or 14 years old i think, I asked my mother how i will ever know that i love a girl? This is because i had admired Clara for the last year and i was convinced to love her. I had never spent time with her, leave alone talking to her. But i believed that i loved her from a distance. So i talked to my mother about it." "How do i know that i love someone? I asked her. My mother looked at me and smiled. With that contagious smile that she always has when she is about to tell me something important.

"When you ever love someone, my son, you will definitely know. No one else can tell you that. When you love someone life becomes meaningful. When you love someone, you live for that person. Your life without them becomes worthless, when you lov.....!" "I think i love Clara, i interrupted her."

"That is great my son, there are not many people who get to really love. Love is not the tummy tingling when you see the other person. It is neither the increased heart beats nor the skipped heart beats. Love is not the sweating, the mind blockades or the goosebumps.... Loving is a dedication. Loving someone means being ready to offer your life for them. Would you give your life for Clara? She asked me. Of coz not. I answered her.  If that is what love is; then i don't think i will ever love someone. Ever!"

"But why are you telling me all this? R asked him taking him by the hand.

He was silent.

"Do you want to tell me that you will never love me?" She asked in a cracking voice almost in tears.

"Today, for the very first time in my life, i realised that i would be ready to give my life for you. For the very first time in my life feel the love my mother had described to me."


They hugged passionately while R questioned herself if she really loved him.....


I wish you all a lovely weekend filled with so much love.



Lots of luv
ItsRose_Beth






Comments